After the last two years of creating impressive sculptures to generate PR coverage but seeing no results, British Ceramic Tile changed agency, asking Lenny to take over the event and create a different angle to promote the company’s presence at Clerkenwell Design Week. Our focus was on celebrating great British design and creating a range of different, fun events that would draw in the A&D community. We invited other British manufacturers from the kitchen, bathroom & interiors industries to join us in the BCT showroom for three days packed full of British themed activities, guest talks, live demos and press stunts.
- Drive footfall to the BCT showroom – our KPI was a 100% increase on last year. We achieved a 900% increase
- Showcase the latest BCT products to press and maximise brand awareness
- Champion BCT’s longstanding British heritage, while developing relationships with potential new partners
- Collaboration: Bringing together brands from the Made in Britain network helped to make this event a great success, attracting more people through the door. The chosen UK companies exhibited their latest products in the BCT showroom, while we hosted a series of guest talks from high profile brands such as the V&A.
- Media relations: As well as issuing press content and securing media opportunities prior to the event, we secured a number of journalist meetings at the showroom. Across the consumer, retail and specification sectors, we showed journalists around the latest products and discussed how we can work together on upcoming features.
- Competition: A highlight was the collaboration with Central Saint Martins, organised by the Lenny team. A first for the company, we created a brief for second and third year Ceramic Design students to have their work on display at Clerkenwell Design Week. Students entered designs that were inspired by Britain’s rich history, landscape and national treasures and five finalists were selected to exhibit at the showroom, with the winner being announced on the final day.
- Press stunt: We sourced the best Prince Harry and Meghan Markle lookalikes money could buy, before hitting the central buzz area for CDW. We kicked up a stir, with many people double taking and asking for selfies with our royal doppelgangers – and a lot of fuss was made over our fluffy Corgi friend! We encouraged members of the public to get a photo in our selfie frame and tag #BCTBritishBash to enter a competition, before directing them to our showroom for a High G & T and a look around.
Results: 23 pieces of coverage achieved within one week of the event with 217,000 opportunities to see.
British Ceramic Tile Specification
- Press Stunt
- Media Relations