Our Top 5 Facebook Live Tips For Brands
Video is a powerful tool in the social media stratosphere, one which connects brands with followers, and engages new fans at the same time. Facebook Live is a great tool which is starting to make its mark, allowing audiences to grow and learn new things.
We tested the feature out this month with our client OXO Good Grips, using it to demo the New Chef’s Mandoline Slicer 2.0 and answer any questions from fans. Along the way we learnt a few things, which we hope will help anyone else looking to tap into the streaming service:
- Be ahead of the game. Let fans know about the Facebook Live a week or two in advance, so you can get people excited about it. If you’re making it into a Q&A you can get a few questions in before hand.
- Keep it short and sweet. Let’s be honest, no-one has time to listen to a 30 minute Facebook Live video trying to sell them a product, they’ll watch a bit and then carry on scrolling through the news feed. If promoting one product/service keep the video to no longer than 10 minutes to keep fans engaged.
- Use a tripod. You want it to look professional, so camera wobbles are a no go. If you use a tripod you can focus on everything else, rather than worrying about the camera angle.
- Target your audience. Find out when your fans are most active on Facebook by using Insights, to ensure you’re reaching the largest audience you possibly can, that way you’ll receive more engagement.
- Make it unique. Why should people tune in and listen to your broadcast? Whether it’s because you’re letting fans see a new product before it hits the shelves, giving something special away or carrying out a live Q&A to promote a new service make sure it’s “news”.